It is the compression of the peroneal nerve, which passes just below the shin bone protrusion on the outside of the knee joint of the leg, as it passes under the muscles and ligaments.
Causes of Peroneal Nerve Entrapment
- Crossing your legs, putting your legs under you while sitting, cross-legged
- Bedridden patients
- Noticeable rapid weight loss
- Due to incorrect position in bedridden patients
- Trauma-fractures, impact, crushing, etc.
- Masses in the area (Lipoma, Baker cyst, etc.)
- Muscle hypertrophy
- Tight bandage, cast, tourniquet, socks, etc.
Peroneal Nerve Entrapment Findings
In these patients, numbness and tingling occur on the back of the foot and the outer part of the leg towards the ankle. Foot drop may develop. His foot may trip while walking and he may have to walk on steps.
Peroneal Nerve Entrapment Treatment
- Changing habits that cause chronic pressure
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Local anesthetic and steroid injection
- FTR, orthoses for foot drop, etc.
Peroneal Nerve Entrapment Surgery